The Day After Judgement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After the Great War, little was left in the wake of the nuclear assault. Caught in the midst, you seek to make a name for yourself in this...'new' world.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shanghai in Abernathy

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Cyrus seeing that the enemy was dealt with, he proceeded to loot the fallen corpses. "Good shot Aries." Cyrus looked over and winked at her. Once he gathered the useful stuff he headed back to town, to regroup at the bar for a drink.

Last edited by Cyrus on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:03 pm

The member 'Cyrus' has done the following action : Outcome

'Dice Roll' : 6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:07 pm

The shot dropped slightly from the distance but struck the raider in his chest. The shadow fell lifeless in a heap a good couple meters from the group. With the fight over, Alistair helped his sister up and examined the battlefield. He sighed, realizing they just about decimated the raiding party. As his sister rushed off to her small hut atop the hill, he began kicking the bodies he passed by on his way back to the bar. When he kicked the berserker who still clutched his greatsword, he was surprised to hear a gasp of breath. The man struggled on the floor before getting kicked lightly in the face. Alistair ignited a new cigarette and called out to the team, "This asswipe is still breathing, any of you mind dragging him back to town for interrogation? don't be too gentle, he looks manly enough. I'll be waiting at the bar with Sam!" And with that, Alistair made his way back to the shanty town to get a drink.

The remaining bodies lay motionless and were ripe for the looting, yet as Cyrus passed over them, junk was what seemed to be on the menu. Not one of them held a single item worth the wastelander's trouble.
Back to top Go down
Maeve Bardock

Maeve Bardock

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:09 pm

As the last man dropped, she'd quickly also scavenged the corpses for loot. Finding what she did, she'd head back over to the breathing man, grabbing one of his legs and dragging him in the right direction. "Gotcha, pops." She grinned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:09 pm

The member 'Maeve Bardock' has done the following action : Outcome

'Dice Roll' : 8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Maeva's search seemed fruitless as all the men had was the casings of their spent rounds and weapons that were now far too deteriorated to be of any use. She made note that many of the bodies were decked out in what looked like tribal wears. As she moved to carry her prey back to the town, she saw the moonlight reflect off one of the bowman. Further inspection revealed a combat knife tucked away, ripe for the picking.

(Combat Knife found in poor condition, added to inventory)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Aeris slowly walked up to the dead body of the rifle men she poked it with her gun before she stated searching his body when she was finished she stood up and looked at teh body "Please forgive me for what im about to do." she walks over to the berserks dead body picks up the great sword and dragged it over to the rifleman and cuts it off she gabs the head, her face turns red and she throws up a little and walks back to the bar with the head in her hand and what ever she found on his body.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:34 pm

The member 'Aeris' has done the following action : Outcome

'Dice Roll' : 18
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:44 pm

The man lay motionless as he was prodded by the rifle. Upon inspection a broken scope could be found stashed within his garbs. His pockets contained 25 caps and a note,

"Make sure they're no older then forty, breeding becomes a problem any later. Contact says two perfect targets are staying in a rickety shack outside Sonora. Same as before, stay quiet and move in the dark, we don't need the townsfolk making a ruckus."

(Broken Scope found, added to inventory)
(25 credits acquired)
(Slaver note acquired)
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Vlachs planted a boot against his deceased foe's head, and pried the machete from his skull. Blackish fluid pumped from the gash, and something semi-solid oozed out. 

"One." He thought to himself, as the dark holes of his mask stared down at the carcass; almost admirably. Kneeling, he began to search the body for any scavengable goods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:52 pm

The member 'Vlachs Dulaim' has done the following action : Outcome

'Dice Roll' : 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Solomon Loots the body's in the area an heads to the bar A bit of whiskey will do me some good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:13 pm

The member 'Solomon Snow' has done the following action : Outcome

'Dice Roll' : 13
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:07 pm

When Valkyrie approached the hut she was staying at, she decided to tap on the door instead of strolling in, "Mel? It's me, you still proper in there?" No response cam for a few seconds and her heart began to race. Before she could knock on the door again, she heard something heavy shuffle out the door before it swung inward. A shotgun greeted her before it was lowered and she was jumped by her friend. Valkyrie managed to pry Melody off of her in order to check her condition, "you alright, girl? I wasn't sure if someone got in here."

Melody nodded before attacking her savior with her lips once more, "I grabbed my gun the moment I heard shooting! It sounded like hell out there, what happened?"

Valkyrie simply shrugged, "rascals." She gathered a few things and packed them into a duffle bag she kept. Valkyrie handed it to Melody along with a box of shells she kept by her bed, "I'm gonna need you to head back home, honey. Shit is brewing out here in the outskirts and I'd hate to see you caught up in it."

Melody began to argue but was interrupted, "We just dodged a bullet right now and my luck tells me that lightning most definitely strikes twice. If you don't want to head all the way to the Boneyard, then go to my folk's place, they'll take care of you. Wait a week, and then you can get back on your way, okay?"

The girl nodded before taking the bag and holstering her gun on her back. She began walking back to her caravan to get ready to depart, "It was nice seeing you again, Val, don't be a stranger."

Valkyrie smiled back before heading to the bar to join her brother. She lit a cigarette and winked at her old friend, "Here's looking at you, kid."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:25 pm

The rest of the team continued their post battle rituals as Edward observed: they don't seem to be beginners, loot what you can...
More confident in his team and his ability to interact with them he decides to approach. He kneels down to rifle through a body. The lights flash and run as searches.
Edward stands and follow the group. "Status report?" he requested in the most friendly manner he can muster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:25 pm

The member 'Edward 404' has done the following action : Outcome

'Dice Roll' : 13
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Likely not finding anything of interest (With that measly 3) Vlachs remained put while the others proceeded towards the tavern to debrief and celebrate. Once the majority was gone, the masked man began to remove the clothing on his front to reveal a pale, and all together rotting chest. Bringing the machete up, Vlachs slowly but surely pressed the blade into his rough flesh and dragged, leaving a long laceration behind. Blood began to ooze from the burst capillaries, and Vlach let out a labored breath.

"One." He repeated in his head as he began to don his clothing once more. Reluctant to risk a food shortage again, the masked man began hacking along the dead raider's thigh, chopping away large chunks of meat. He then removed the shirt from the corpse and encased the meal within before stashing it away in his backpack.

Vlachs finally stood, his arms bloodied to the elbow, and his own blood seeping from behind his shirt. Droplets and smears of red decorated his bronze mask, reflecting small tinges of maroon. A debriefing could be useful, Vlachs decided, as he turned to go back from whence he came, and rendezvous with the others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:45 pm

The raider Vlachs slayed held nothing of value on his person, he was literally worthless. Solomon held much better luck, as one of the bodies he kicked over dropped a pair of stimpacks the raider was never able to use. While collecting the medicine a sparkle caught his eyes and further investigation revealed a small cluster of caps tucked away. Edward shared similar fortunes, and found a scope hidden within a rifleman's personal belongings. The metal was rusted and the rail slide needed polishing, but it was functional.

Alistair sat at the bar waiting for the group to return. He downed the shot of wasteland tequila before throwing the glass away and grabbing the bottle. Samuel eyed the gunslinger who only winked in response. Halfway through a swig, Alistair heard the doors open and turned to see Cyrus enter followed shortly by Maeva dragging the raider. He greeted the two with a tip of his bottle before returning it to his lips. When Valkyrie walked in she pulled a stool next her brother and snatched the bottle from his hand.

"Mel alright?" Alistair asked reaching over the counter to grab another bottle. Valkyrie nodded and gulped her swig, "Sent her to pop's place to lay low for a bit, they can use the company. What's the deal with sunshine?"

Alistair stared at the wounded raider, "Don't know, he just got here!" After another swig, the door revealed the remainder of the group entering the establishment. Aeris deposited a severed head on the counter in front of Alistair. Her face showed disgust as she fought back her gag reflex when the head made a plopping noise. Valkyrie raised an eyebrow and Alistair took a sip of his drink before looking at the white haired girl, "That's disgusting and highly unsanitary. However, I like the way you think." He dropped a small sack that jingled with caps next to the head, "Okay, fellas, looks like we're all here. This gentlemen has knowledge of our target's whereabouts and we're going to find out what he knows." Pulling a combat knife from behind the counter, he continued with a wide grin, "So, who wants first dibs?"

(Vlach found nothing)
(Solomon found 2 stimpacks and 10 caps)
(Edward 404 found a scope)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:52 pm

Aeris took the caps from the table ,she then put the note she found on the raider on the table she then started to the back of the group as she was walking she stopped next to Cyrus she lowered her head a little and looked in to her bag and pulled out the broken scope and extended her arm with it in her hand to Cyrus "T.Th..Thank you for helping me I know its not much but its something. After all you did take some bullets for me." with her face bright red she waited to see if he was going to take the scope or not.
Back to top Go down
Maeve Bardock

Maeve Bardock

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:56 pm

As she entered the bar with the others, she'd quickly raised the man and dropped him atop one of the various tables. Mae certainly seemed stronger than she looked. Sighing, she rubbed her hands together, pulling out her newly attained knife from earlier. "I'll handle this, sugar." Smiling to Alistair before she turned back, looking down at the man laid out before her. "Don't suppose you'd be wantin' to talk to a beauty like me, would ya?" Running the knife along his scalp, she lopped off a lock of hair, before quickly resting the knife over his right nipple. "Let's get started, shall we?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:09 am

Cyrus returned a soft smile, "Why thank you, not many would be so kind as to return a favor in this forsaken land. If only there was a little more order." After taking the scope he wandered over to the bar, "But where would the fun be in that. Barkeep screwdriver on the edge!" Apon hearing the "delightful" conversation between May and the victim, he turned around still sting at the bar. "Hey there's no call for that. He is a raider just dangle a little shiny reward in front of him and he'll talk. Hey bloke how about you tell me what I want to know and there is a shiny new 9mm in it for you."

(Cunning Check)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:09 am

The member 'Cyrus' has done the following action : Outcome

'Dice Roll' : 9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:13 am

The raider had recovered enough of its senses to realize the predicament he was in. He felt the cold steel of the knife touching his exposed flesh and involuntarily shivered. The pain of his wounds were great but he resolved his mind to deny his captors the pleasure of his tongue.

(Cunning Check)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:13 am

The member 'Alistair Graves' has done the following action : Outcome

'Dice Roll' : 9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:16 am

(Cyrus Success)

The raider heard the lulled voice of someone from afar. He couldn't make out much, but it sounded like a negotiation. what's more it offered resistance to the redhead who held the knife. A voice in his head edged him to deal with that one rather then face the whim of the female.

"I...I'm listening. But it hurts...the pain...is so bad!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai in Abernathy   Shanghai in Abernathy - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shanghai in Abernathy
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Day After Judgement :: The Outer Wastes :: The Roaming Wastes-
Jump to: